Tuesday, February 25, 2014

So the open is upon us !!!

So the open is upon us ....This a very important comp for most athletes doing CrossFit ... This is where they want to prove that every blood , sweet and tear was worth it ... Some athletes might take is as a fun challenge but if there are any athletes like myself that always go out to give their very best and think 2nd isn't good enough you will understand what I'm talking about ...

During my sport career there has been ups and down but when I've reached my ups it was all worth it athletes should know and take the open as a challenge ... Relax , breathe and know that you have done all the hard work you could have possible done ... Now its time to put your hard work to the test ....I heard a very interesting quote this morning .... Everyone wants to win but not everyone is willing to prepare ... This means on and off the field ... The way you think , eat and sleep are all very important components to becoming a top athlete . After your comp sure you can chill and unwind but when its leading up to that day you have to stay focused and surrounding yourself with people like-minded as yourself will give you that boost when you feel a bit de motivated .

I'm very lucky to be in an environment where my training partners are all very motivated and driven young people and I know on and off the sport field they will make a success of themselves .Times will get tough .... During that wod you might feel like you want to die !!!! 'Trust me I've been there' but take a deep breath, know that this is your moment to shine and you know what.... if it doesn't work out go and analyze why it didn't ... Speak to your coach we are here for you to help you get past those boundaries ... Next time you won't make the same mistake again ... Also make sure you get enough rest during these hard 5 weeks .... Eat properly (eat to perform) and go balls to the wall when you do each event Afterwards you can smile and say I gave a 110% !!!!

Goodluck all you awesome CrossFitters !!!!

1 comment: