Sunday, March 23, 2014

Importance of deloading

I want to start my blog post off today by saying how important it is to listen to your body when you are training and wanting to achieve your goals .... Many people think more is better ... That's not always the case ... But quality is what's key in reaching your highest potential ...

I just came out of a deloading week and I must say ... I needed it :) Now I feel fresh and ready for my hard training ahead and prepping for cmwg . A deloading week is there for your body to fully recover . Its important to communicate to your coach how your body is feeling and if you have 1 off or tired day it doesn't mean you have to take an off week ... You have those :) could have just been that you had a bad nights sleep or your body could have just been a bit tired from the previous days work but as soon as you feel you have a few nights where you can't sleep or you starting to feel you are going into a bit of over-training . Take that rest week where you just work lighter on everything , you don't need to completely take off ... Your body will go into sleep mode if you do that .

Now I'd like to discuss some of the benefits I've experienced when I've had a deloading week : Sleep is a lot better once you are more recovered .Training just feels super good and I feel strong.I just feel overall more relaxed .Emotionally you feel better as well .Energy levels not just during training but throughout the day is also a lot better !
Now to leave you with some advice ... Before you decide you need this deloading week , speak to a professional or someone that works closely with you in your training and every day life . Sometimes they know you better than you know yourself .
 Keeping a training diary also helps as this will help you to monitor your training progress . Now once you have done your deloading week . You bring your A-Game to the table :) :) Ready to hit some PB's !!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment