Monday, March 3, 2014

setting your sights on your main goal

Getting your mind focused on the Main Goal ...

To start off I want to mention that at the age of 25 it has always been my goal to go to the Olympics...This is a very big year for me with my weightlifting because it’s the year of the Commonwealth Games - my aim for 2014 is to get a medal here and how will I get this? Hard work. Dedication on and off the sports field. I have made it my main priority this year to give it my very best and then be able to know in my heart that I gave it everything I had. This is also one of the big steps for me in order to go to the 2016 Olympics in Rio. I have sponsors from Reebok, the Leaderboard and Biogen and with the help of all of these people they have made the road easier for me to achieve my goals. The reason for writing this is to share with you because I know there are many of you that have important things you want to achieve in life but feel you don’t have the time or you have too many things you want to achieve all at once. My advice: PRIORITIZE! You have to do this in order to identify the most important goals in your life. Try and write down everything you want to achieve and set a time-lime to achieve these goals. Also write down your smaller goals to track your progress - I’ll give you an example of mine.

2014 Training Goals

 1. Main Goal . Win a medal at The 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. Short term goals to achieve this . - Track weekly training results -Follow an eat to perform diet -Sleep 8 hours every night and don’t break routine - assess recovery on a daily basis just to make sure I’m fully recovered for each training session - Chat to your coach about training and communicate how you feel - By May 192kg total -Commonwealth games 200kg total Now you can even break this down even more but this is just a basic guideline of how you can get yourself geared up to achieve what you have always dreamed of . May it be work, diet, training or just general life like spending more time with your family or working on having more 'me' time which is also very important when you want to have a happy successful life... Be happy and smile There is so much to be grateful for that people take for granted. Wake up every morning and say thank-you for something in your life. Being Happy attracts more happy (happiness).

This is a general guideline of what I do when I set goals and will definitely go more in depth about achieving your goals and going for what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment