Saturday, March 15, 2014

Steps to start visualizing

Ok ,so on my previous blog I explained a bit what visualization is about and how effective it can be .

 Another name for visualization is also called mental imagery (imagining) or even self hypnosis ... But this is not the typical hypnosis most people will be thinking about ...

 Its important to 1st write down the steps you will be following to start your mental imagery training ...and this is just in the beginning for you to get used to the process ... That's why this is like training a muscle ... You have to do it everyday until it becomes automatic and then trust me it will pay off :)

Steps to start you off :

1. Sit in a comfortable seat or lay down on your bed
2.Relax your body and take long slow breaths.
3.Now close your eyes and see what you want to achieve .(This might be you standing on the podium , or with a medal or even the body you want to achieve)
4. As soon as you start to lose the image in your mind focus on your breathing.
5.Always think of the positive
6.Now with that picture , imagine the sight, sound, taste,feeling, and even the smell of the environment around you.
7.Have detail in your mental picture. (See what you are wearing who is around you, what are you hearing, how do you feel...)
8. If it didn't work the 1st time ...don't worry , its something new to get used to . 9.ALWAYS end your mental imagery session with a positive image (I like seeing myself or feeling myself smile)

 Now to give you more of an idea of what you can image in detail ... This is what I see when I do my visualization training ....

1.Think of my snatch ...doing a 90kg
 2. I walk onto the platform up the stairs at an international comp.
3.Feeling the chalk on my hands as I powder my hands to go for my lift.
4.Walking to the bar in a positive manner and psyching up to go for my lift.
5.I smell the air in the building, hearing the crowd cheer for me as I walk to my bar.
6. I see where i grip the bar, go down into a squat and driving my heals into the ground.
7.Seeing nothing in front of me but staying focused.
8. I pull that bar as hard as I can and explode underneath that bar as I get my snatch .
9. Feeling the block of the weight above my head, standing up with the weight.
10. Hearing the crowd go crazy for that snatch I just got .
11. I feel the joy and happiness and drop the bar knowing I just hit a new PB :) :)

Enjoy the process and you will even start your day off in a positive and happy way because now your brain will tell you that you have just experienced a very happy moment in your life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment